Interface Zero 1.5: Upgrade in Progress
- Damage: 2d6, AP 2, always hits Leg armor, reduce Pace by half if Shaken or Wounded
- Weight: 1 kg (0.5 SI)
- Covers Medium Burst Template
- Anyone moving through area who is aware of caltrops (Notice roll to spot) must either slow to half Pace or succeed in an Agility roll to avoid stepping on caltrops and taking damage as above. Anyone unaware must roll Agility at -2.
- After each hit, even if stopped by armor, roll a d6. On a 6, the caltrops have been exhausted or scattered and are removed.
- Characters incapacitated by caltrops receive a bonus of +2 on their Vigor roll to survive Incapacitation. If a lasting Injury results, it will always be a Leg Injury.
- Cost Level: -7 / Cheap (+2), Rarity: Uncommon (1)
- Permit: Category 2
- Function exactly like caltrops, but anyone who is Shaken or Wounded also suffers a Shock effect dealing 2d6 fatigue damage. This damage ignores armor entirely.
- Weight: 2 kg (1 SI)
- Cost Level: -5 / Cheap (+2), Rarity: Rare (3)
- Permit: Category 3